Self delusion is my optimism

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Went to the parliament house for some learning journey programme,and boy was i amazed there.The first thing meeting us were stringent checks to make sure we weren't carrying any bombs or stuff like that in (well the place doesn't look cheap,so i guess it was essential though we were students),and then we were greeted by our tour guide of the day.Well Mr erm...i can't really remember his name,i'll just call him Mr kumar,(since he looks like a kumar to me) brought us around explaining how parliament sessions went,and the different MPs involved.

And i couldn't help but marvel at the people who worked there,especially at translators who could translate english,mandarin,tamil,and of cause malay at the snap of a finger.And often even faster then you could finish your sentence.Along with people that wrote at the speed of 120 words at a minute.Cool eh!

Well it was around then that i realised,and see the big picture."A" level certs,and diplomas are nothing,and all these while i kept having ideas of taking the easy way out,to drop out to a poly.And the other was to just scrap into a university.It finally dawned on me,that neither of them,would bring me to where i wanted.I want to be successful,to command a good salary,and to be on par with people working in the parliament.That is my dream.

Perhaps it sounds too practical,and over-realistic.Just as it occured to me,i've changed alot in my mindset.In the past,i used to say i would never slog my guts out,working for the thing that supposedly "makes the world go round".I would say i wanna do something i like,rather than something that i detest but pays well.Fast forward a couple of years,and all that has changed.People love to say "Live your life for yourself,for its yours".But thats pure bullshit in my eyes now,that phrase i once worshipped.That fella who said that once upon a time,probably forgot,that our lives revolve around so many people.And that we are who we are today,because of what we have taken from others.For in our lives,we never do walk alone.

I choose money over myself,for a good reason.It's not so much of driving a car,and enjoying luxuries.There's one thing that i would do above all,and that is being able to provide for my parents,and perhaps even help provide for my lil bro.The worst thing in life,is not being able to repay your parents and having to live off them,and that is definitely something i'll never want to be doing.I've realised the pain of being broke,walking around with less than a dollar in my pocket.Not too long ago,i was walking around,and i felt hungry,but all i could do was stare at that pretzel at aunty anne's.Yea you get the point..

And now i'm just wondering,how life's gonna be in the future.Things like getting a driving license,finding the right girl,not being a gay when i come out of NS,and then the daunting prospect of finding a job,and surviving all the pressures it carries along.It all fazes me,and it never fails not to,maybe that's life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home